Main Events / Project Events
- 2007.10.17 |
Seminar, Cairo, Egypt, January 2008
GEWAMED in cooperation with the Gender and Water Alliance (GWA) is planning a National Seminar to be held in Cairo in January 2008 (exact dates and place to be defined). More details will be published in the GEWAMED web site as soon as the preparation of the seminar is more advanced. The event is strongly supported by the GEWAMED partners in Egypt: The Strategic Research Unit (SRU) of the National Water Research Centre (NWRC) and The Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA).
The tentative programme for the Seminar on Key Policy Issues to Mainstreaming Gender in Water Management is given below:
1st day: Seminar on Key Policy Issues to Mainstreaming Gender in Water Management
• Gender and natural resources “Land and Water Management”;
• Gender and food security constraints and perspectives;
• Gender and women’s empowerment: experience gained and lessons learned;
• Poverty reduction for the rural poor: Gender as a key element and how to integrate;
• Gender and sustainable rural development: the build up of human and social capital;
2nd day: Brainstorming session
Brainstorming working session in order to draw up a proposed action plan to be implemented by the participants in their respective organisations and countries.
The seminar is mainly addressed to GEWAMED partners and the cooperating institutions at national level but depending on availability other participants are encouraged to request admission.
For more information contact: J. A. Sagardoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)